If you are an SEO specialist, or a strong content writer with proven ability to pick up technical skills quickly, this type of role could be perfect for you.
Duoplus is a thriving digital marketing agency based in Hamilton. We have built a reputation for producing highly measurable results for our clients. Our main services are Google Ads campaigns, Facebook campaigns and SEO. We love bringing the worlds of strategic marketing and data together, to provide our clients with high performing digital marketing that grows their businesses.
Our team of highly skilled digital experts work with a wide range of companies across New Zealand – from local businesses to nationwide brands, as well as some international campaigns. Across all our campaigns the defining factor we bring is measurable results.
Summary of the Role
EXAMPLE: We are looking for an SEO specialist/content writer to join our team. If you are a highly skilled SEO specialist with a proven track record for delivering organic rankings growth, this could be for you.
Alternatively, we are also open to applications from strong content writers who may not have SEO experience but have proven ability for picking up technical skills quickly. (You may have previously learnt skills such as basic HTML, editing websites, analysis of data, etc. If you do not know the technical side of SEO, there is a lot to learn, but for the right person we are willing to provide training). You will need to show long-form content writing, such as blog posts or articles, and prove that you are adept at learning technical skills quickly.
Here’s more detail about the role:
The full-time role is based in our Hamilton office and requires hands-on execution of SEO strategies for a large portfolio of clients across a range of industries. It also includes writing blog posts, executing the Duoplus enewsletter and writing social media posts.
The role requires strong technical SEO know-how, or an ability to learn technical skills quickly, combined with exceptional marketing skills. You’ll need to be an analytical thinker, highly detailed and organised, and also have strong people skills for connecting with clients.
At times the role will also include other digital marketing such as content creation for landing pages, Facebook campaigns, email marketing and conversion optimisation. You’ll be working in a team that is responsible for deliverable real, measurable results for a wide range of clients.
- Develop and implement comprehensive SEO strategies that will help our clients’ websites improve their organic rankings.
- Write and edit content, including for client websites, the Duoplus site, blog networks and more.
- Analyse data and make adjustments to maximise results for our clients.
- Connect directly with clients for planning, advice and communicating results.
- Plan, write and schedule social media posts and enewsletters for Duoplus. (And sometimes for clients too).
- Coordinate part-time staff and contractors that contribute to SEO campaigns.
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO trends, algorithm updates, recommended SEO strategies and advanced tactics.
- Carry the overall responsibility for SEO performance for Duoplus clients.
Here are a few reasons why you will love life at Duoplus:
- We’re a tight-knit team of 7 staff (plus some specialist contractors). So we’re small enough that your role is highly influential and will have a big impact, yet big enough that you get to enjoy a team environment of like-minded peers.
- We place huge importance on constantly learning – in fact 10% of your time is allocated to professional development.
- Every fortnight we enjoy a team lunch out and Duoplus covers the bill.
- Our offices are based in a modern commercial building in Pukete/Te Rapa. There’s no stress with parking –we have some company parks, and there’s no time limit on street parking which is right outside our office – so much nicer than working downtown!
If this sounds like the type of role you’d love, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Exceptional attention to detail. You must be someone who gets the details right. The role demands excellent written communication, perfect grammar and strong interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 2 years of SEO experience OR a minimum of 2 years of content writing experience, including long-form copy, with a proven ability to learn technical skills quickly.
- Strong self-management and analytical skills, and the ability to juggle multiple clients at once.
- Experience in tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, etc is ideal.
- A workable level of experience in basic HTML, web editing (WordPress, Elementor, Thrive Architect) and email newsletters would be an advantage.
- A drive for continual improvement. You’ll love learning, be passionate about doing things well, crave feedback, and be continually looking to improve yourself and your results.
This role is a full-time role.
Keen? Here’s how to apply.
Firstly, to apply for any role with Duoplus you must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
Click the “Apply Now” button below. Please be sure to attach your CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re a great fit for this role and the Duoplus team.